Falcon Pi Player Requirements
The following information will get you started and list what you need to purchase/download.
Basic System Requirements:
- 512MB Raspberry Pi Model B Project Board
- At least a 8gb Class 4 or higher SD Card (Note: this is a change from FPP v1.0 which required 4GB)
- At least a 8gb or higher USB Flash Drive
- 5V 1A or higher Micro USB Power Supply
With just the above items, your PI will be able to send out E.131 without any additional requirements on the PI Side, you will still need hardware to receive E.131 and send it to your lights.
Optional Items (Future Expansion):
- Wireless N Nano USB Adapter
- Check with your vendor for PI compatibility on your wireless USB Adapter.
- External Powered USB Hub
- Any external powered USB hub will work.
- RasClock (if your pi is not gonna be on the net) is available at: http://store.acmeun.com/products/rasclock-raspberry-pi-real-time-clock-module.html
- RasClock - only RTC board we support
Installing FPP on BeagleBone Black Wiki Notes
US Distributors of the Raspberry Pi Are:
MCM Electronics - http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/83-14421
Newark - http://www.newark.com/jsp/bespoke/bespoke7.jsp?bespokepage=newark/en_US/landing/raspberry-pi/rasp-pi-accessories.jsp&ICID=HP-TP-Raspberry-pi-Accessories
Amazon - Free shipping available with Amazon Prime Membership or order over $35 - http://www.amazon.com/Raspberry-Pi-Model-Revision-512MB/dp/B009SQQF9C/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A16YH1Z7RI96EN
Any of the products MCM and Newark sell will be compatible with the Raspberry Pi.