Falcon Pixlenet/DMX 512 Dongle
The Falcon FPD is a daughter board for the Falcon Pi Player that allows you to output 32k channels. It supports both Pixelnet and DMX 512 output via 12 universes ports (4 universes per RJ-45 Jack) in any combination.
With the addition of this daughter board to the Falcon Pi Player it would be the same capability as 2 EtherDongles, 1 Conductor, and 1 Slave. Along with additional features not available elsewhere.
FPD Build Notes =
The FPD build instructions will be coming shortly. However I wanted to post a few important notes on here until it is ready.
- Use the large single pin header in the BOM kit to break apart and use for the 2 ISCSP, Test 1, Test 2, and the TRG header.
- The 18pin dual header is not included in the BOM, and is for future use of the Real Time Clock.
- The TRG is for future use of the RDS when developed
- Place a jumper on the two header pins at Test 1 location.
- The FPD can be used to power the Pi Player by using the USB type 1 port on the FPD to a mini USB power port on the Pi Player. (power to the Pi Player is the only function of the USB port on the FPD)
Future Use: The 18pin header, the TRG, The LED Lights at D3 & D4, The pushbutton Switch, and the Test 1 header are all used for future use, and not currently active in the Alpha Release 1.
When flashing the Pic 32MX795F512L with the FPD Firmware, remember the ICSP Pin 1 (matches up with the Triangle on the Pixkit ribbon) is the pin closest to the edge with the LED lights. (Opposite side of the RJ45 jacks)
- Falcon Pixnet DMX (FPD)
- FPD Assembly Manual v1
- FPD Users Manual v1
- FPD PCB Board Order
- Mouser Direct FPD BOM Kit - Updated For EOL Items
Firmware & Software